Marker Details: This building was erected by the community of Palm Springs through the donated monies and efforts of its citizens as a lasting memorial to all those who served the United States of America in times of conflict. It was dedicated January 3, 1948, by American Legion National Commander James F. O'Neill. It has served as a community multi-use facility since that date. HSPB-36. This plaque is sponsored by the Owen Coffman Post 519.