Marker Details: This is one of the original street markers used following the incorporation of the City of Palm Springs in 1938. Dr. J.J. Kocher and Philip Boyd, then secretary of the Chamber of Commerce, had renamed the streets in 1930 at which time Main Avenue became Palm Canyon Boulevard. Constructed of native stone and mortared with cement, this marker is the last one of its kind remaining in Palm Springs. HSPB-8. This plaque sponsored by the McCallum Desert Foundation.