Presented by SBEMP Attorneys
A Celebration of the Best and Brightest in the Coachella Valley
Welcome to the 2017 Women in Business awards program, a Palm Springs Life event. The Women in Business awards program will honor Coachella Valley’s most dynamic women in business making headlines in their field. Palm Springs Life, through this fifth annual awards program, is pleased to have the opportunity to celebrate the success and achievements of women in business throughout the diverse desert business community.
The three winners of the 2017 Women in Business awards are women who have truly excelled, not only in their professional lives, but as leaders and role models. They may come from different industries and walks of life, but they are likely to all share several things in common — extraordinary accomplishments, a strong sense of self and a belief that anything is possible. This awards program will honor their commitment, vision and talents that have made them true leaders in their chosen business fields.
Women in Business Nomination Categories:
- Business Leader- Business, Arts, Charity or Sports: A senior executive at the local office or headquarters in a public or private company, non-profit or profit.
- Rising Star: Entrepreneur who owns at least 51% of the company and actively manages daily operations and whose business has been operating less than three years as either a non-profit or profit.
- Community Non-Profit: Demonstrates a strong commitment to the business community by getting involved with charitable causes and/or participates in mentoring or educational programs for women who are developing their business careers.
To Qualify as a Nominee, the following criteria must be satisfied:
- Lives and works in the Coachella Valley
- Has not previously been honored as part of the Women in Business program
- Holds significant authority for decision making in a for-profit or not-for-profit company
- Demonstrates a high level of dedication to business growth
- Been in current position for a minimum of three years (except in Entrepreneur/Start-Up category)
- Fosters a workplace environment that is conducive to innovative thinking
- Advocates for women in business
- Starting November 16, 2016 through January 31, 2017, Nominators must submit a written professional bio about the nominee (by email or mail) of a maximum of 250 words that adheres to the nominee criteria published in the official rules
- Nominators are encouraged to nominate themselves
- Nominations are open to anyone 18 years or older
Selection and Announcement of Women in Business award winners:
- An independent panel of judges determined by Palm Springs Life will select the top nominees in each of the three categories
- Winners will be announced at an awards luncheon at The Ritz Carlton Rancho Mirage in May 2017 (details to come)
- Winner profiles will be highlighted in a special section in Palm Springs Life’s May 2017 issue
- Winner profiles will be placed on PalmSpringsLife.com for one year
To Nominate, please fill out the 2017 Women in Business nomination form below:
Congratulations to the 2016 Women In Business Winners
Carolyn Caldwell, CEO Desert Regional Medical Center
Barbara Keller, Philanthropist and Owner, LULU
Tracy Worthington, Owner, Wink Lash & Beauty Bar and Just Blow Drys
Laura Schwab, President, Aston Martin The Americas
Keynote Speaker, 2016 Women In Business Awards Luncheon
Ms. Laura Schwab has been Regional President for The Americas at Aston Martin Lagonda Limited since October 26, 2015. Ms. Schwab joined Aston Martin from Jaguar Land Rover, where she worked most as Marketing Director of leading marketing communications, experiential events, sponsorships, Product Marketing, customer engagement and corporate social responsibility. She started her career with a technology start-up company in Southern California, before joining the automotive industry and since amassing fifteen years’ experience across a variety of operational, sales and marketing roles. Based at its regional headquarters in Irvine, California, her role as Regional President embraces sales and service, public relations, brand marketing and communications to both Aston Martin’s customers and 46 dealers in the region, spanning the United States, Canada, Mexico and South America. She graduated from University of Kentucky College of Law.